The SST® system monitors the tool’s compass heading (azimuth) in degrees and provides the operator with a lateral deviation (in degrees) from the intended path for quick steering corrections.
With the F5® receiver and FSDTM remote display, the operator can view real-time position and depth data. A laptop computer also graphically displays the tool’s progress in real time. It shows both a profile view of the bore and a bird’s-eye view of the lateral deviation.
- Compass heading (azimuth) in 0.1 degree increments
- Tool face (roll) in 360 positions
- Inclination (pitch) in 0.1 percent or degree increments
- Computed depth and lateral position
- Temperature in Fahrenheit or Celsius
- Available as an upgrade to the F5 Locating system